Brotherhood of Men & Women
The CMI Brotherhood of Men and Women (BMW), acting on the tenets of chavurah (fellowship), g’milut chasadim (doing good deeds), and tzedakah (righteous giving) – as well as others – functions as a service auxiliary of the synagogue. Annual dues, determined by its board, and the BMW membership, are critical to it success.
The BMW provides a variety of programs and services and always welcomes new ideas, which can be offered by any member at its open monthly board meetings.
These are some of its on-going programs:
• A Sunday coffee shop, providing sustenance in a social setting, with proceeds directed to Religious School Scholarships
• “Table Talk” roundtables featuring congregant hosts discussing areas of personal expertise or experience
• An annual Comedy Deli night (taking a 2018 sabbatical after 13 annual events running)
• The annual presentation of the Brotherhood of Men and Women “Award of Merit” to an outstanding member of the CMI Community
• Annual gifts, through our Tzedakah committee, to social service organizations in and beyond our walls
• A periodic capital gift or gifts that benefits the infrastructure of the synagogue buildings and grounds as well
Just by its nature as a mission driven organization, the women and men of the BMW are frequently called on to assist with other tasks and events at
Members of the congregation can volunteer with BMW by volunteering to serve on Board or by volunteering to participate in specific activities.
Contact leadership of BMW to volunteer, or email us at, email@example.com.
Download a Brotherhood membership BMW Membership letter.
To pay online click here